Here I lay at the peak of this crater
Far below the skyline horizon
Shipwrecked with my bottled message
To all offering a kind word
I have known the surface
These hands and eyes have seen the world
And with closed eyes, clenched fist
Drawbridges and ladders, stairs and skyscrapers
Were destroyed without looking
But below the horizon, knowing what's out of sight
The red of the sky, birch-white ground
The blue river and your brown eyes
A flash of words surround my base like a moat
Staring in one direction, I cannot read my handwriting
Far below the skyline horizon
Shipwrecked with my bottled message
To all offering a kind word
I have known the surface
These hands and eyes have seen the world
And with closed eyes, clenched fist
Drawbridges and ladders, stairs and skyscrapers
Were destroyed without looking
But below the horizon, knowing what's out of sight
The red of the sky, birch-white ground
The blue river and your brown eyes
A flash of words surround my base like a moat
Staring in one direction, I cannot read my handwriting
No comments:
Post a Comment