I rue the days you turned on us, my world
We foolishly tried to plant a new one
I thought the world but was not beyond repair
The ship sails through the assaults
After we repeat your cycle of welcoming into a void-striken home
It is gone, yet our lost souls insist on looking
For every step, two arrows fire
Your gaze of fire and cold in the mire
Scarse phrases and broken
Curls of Medusa crawl into these eyes
Your soft, icey breadth shatters my hard interior
Just before I can penetrate yours
I have uncovered deeper meanings
And find strength in little
As you're crushed by so much
These errant thoughts are a fragment of compassion
Only you deserve this love, ohhh I know
I believe it's just me
As we separate these same sleepless nights
For you to be someone
It might be because of me
It might be all for me
Shaping as necessary
What else is there inside of me
But as I get lost in spirits
You'll just have to wait up for me
Nothing causes more anxiety
Nobody believes me
No comments:
Post a Comment