Burning desperation or loving desire
Mended limbs and soothed the mind
A sober breath of ecstacy
Connected through forced embraces
Fuzzy opiate-free companionship
She is yours and you were mine
Bed like a sarcophagus of disjointed lovers
A moment abroad, just down the highway, so soon
Just for a moment I could see your smile
And I knew there was something stronger
No pretenses, no cap on emotional freedom
Would it ever be the same?
I could never penetrate your soul
Or tell you how much I love you
What does it mean to be alone
What does it mean to be as one
Will our poem ever end or will I run out of ink
My contradicting romantic ideals, not from the screen
But from a memory of another world, ours
I scream to express the lost wisdom
And watch from a distance
How did it get to this, it doesn't matter
As it does, the waves have subsided
I love you
It will never be the same
I loved you
It would never be the same
No comments:
Post a Comment